Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Throwback

Heart 2 Heart challenges is hosting a challenge themed Throwback, where we can upload our projects made with my beloved Close to My Heart products, such as paper, ink, stamp, etc.  I am so going to participate!  Woohoo!

I am proud to announce that I am slowly recovering from the disease where I called "saving the product for the perfect occasion".  I used to worry that if I cut that pretty paper incorrectly, I'll be wasting my project.  I used to think that some paper packs are just too pretty to cut.  I used to save many cute items for a project I don't really have a time frame for......

One of my 2016 resolutions is to use products.  I'm happy to say that I'm on the right track.  By that I mean I'm no longer afraid to cut the pretty paper or stick that embellishment on a card.  I still hold myself back a little bit, such as saving a few of those sequins or enamel dots, but I'm making progress because I no longer hold onto the entire pack of embellishments like I did before!

Years ago Close to My Heart released a paper pack called Topstitch.  That was one of those I thought I would never let go.  It had taken me years to finally use it.  And I'm making a scrapbook page, so it will be cherished:


I love blue, all shades of blue.  This paper pack had used a baby blue that's irresistible.  The baby blue matches perfectly with Chocolate and a baby pink.  Oh how I love those pinwheels, they are cute and tiny.  The voice in my head was telling me to keep it and save it.

Another resolution I had is to purge frequently.  Earlier this year I did a massive cleanup (and I plan to do another after my family reunion!) and while organizing, I came across this pretty Topstitch paper.  I thought to myself: I'd better use it soon, otherwise it will have to go to another home.  So I made a conscious effort to make something with it.  This challenge presented a perfect opportunity!

So glad I've made a page with it.  Not only because I've made use of it, but also because I have turned it to something I'll cherish together with my memories.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This Topstitch paper is adorable, I can see why you held on to it for so long!

    Thanks for sharing your layout with us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I know how hard it is to not save all the pretty paper... Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still hoarding some Topstitch too! I love this layout, great job! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete