Friday, August 7, 2015

Stamped Pattern Background

I've mentioned here that some colors from the Close to My Heart palette will be retiring.  Some of them are my favorite and before I put the ink pads and cardstock away I'd like to make a couple of cards.

On the last day of the Background Check class at Online Card Classes, Jennifer McGuire showed how to make a beautiful background using stamping and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to use my ink pads and cardstock.

The retiring ink colors I'm using remind me of fall and so I'm using these stamp sets Lifetime of Happiness and Always Grateful:

 
I did nothing but stamping, and put it on Olive cardstock as the card base.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.  The ink pads used are: Olive, Smokey Plum, Ponderosa Pine, Barn Red and Autumn Terracota.
 
You know I can't just stop here.  I pulled out an extremely old stamp set called Many Thanks and made this card:
 
 
 
I had so much fun playing with these colors and it will be hard for me not to miss them.  But I think it's time to put them away and create some new space for the new colors! 
 
 
If you like any of these colors, snag them before they are gone!  My favorite is Olive and Barn Red.  Another one that's not used in these cards is Outdoor Denim.  That's my go-to color for masculine cards.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment