Saturday, April 11, 2015

A "fan" of my friend

I'm a fan of my friend.  She is a mom to two little girls and work full time.  She recently got a position and it is a significant career advancement.  I'm so proud of her.

Instead of sending her a Congrats card, I've made this one:


I'm sorry the picture doesn't have the best quality and guess what?  I can't figure out why! Argh!

I got the inspiration from the Muse here



Apparently I was drawn by the sketch of the Muse.  Similar to the Muse, I used the simple pattern as part of the background, then put the focal point in a circle to the right of the card, then a sentiment to its left.  While the Muse used watercolor to color her image, I used color pencils.  I like her colorful image on the black and white background, but I chose to have the colors spread across the focal image and the background.

What a fun challenge!  I learned how to dissect an awesome card and used some of the elements on mine! 

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Love your use of Vicki's layout and the fresh colour scheme you've chosen! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will be thrilled! Love your card and that punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 'fantastic' card and yeah i seem to have problems with taking photos... but yours looks great to me! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend will love this! Love the colors you used -- Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete