Monday, July 21, 2014

Suspension card

I am sharing a Christmas card today.  It has a Christmas tree that appears to be floating in the window:


It is actually secured by the Merry Christmas banner that goes across the circle window.  It brings quite a lot of impact to the otherwise simple card!

If you want it to be more secured (I'm one of those paranoid), you could have two trees cut out and sandwich a string, then adhere the string between the patterned paper and the card base.  In that case, I do not recommend to have a banner go across the window, because the string can be twisted multiple times for the tree to spin.  That will be another fun technique to try.

I'm linking up my card to the following:
Hiding in My Craft Room - Christmas in July
My Sheri Crafts - Christmas in July
My Perfect life - Christmas
Corrosive Challenge - Christmas in July
Jelly Park Friday Challenge - Christmas in July
Come and Get it Challenge - Christmas in July

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute bright Christmas Card.... love the colors.
    Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge this week.
    Lisa
    Ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very PRETTY card! Great job!
    Would love for you to join us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great design - very cleverly constructed and thanks for telling us how you did it. Lovely bright and fresh colours, Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete