Sunday, June 29, 2014

HAPPY

I'm watching World Cup this weekend!  Out of the four football matches, two went to penalty kick.  I am no soccer guru but really hate this rule of the game because it is no different from a flip of coin.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed the games and luckily I still got some time to make a few cards.

This is one of those I made today:


It is based on the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:


And boy, it is a tough sketch (for me)!  I've tried various things - Christmas, Fall, but none of them seemed to work with the sketch.  I finally picked the Blue Skies stamp set from Lawn Fawn and the Hello Sunshine paper for the background. 

I did enjoy coloring the balloons a lot!  At first I thought I would use distress markers so I used watercolor paper, but I changed m mind, as always, and used my Inktense color pencils.  It is just fun to color these outline images.

For the banner, I used the word "HAPPY" from Hello baby stamp set.  I carefully masked off the letters every time as I only need to stamp one letter on one pennant. 

I have not yet determined how I am going to use this card.  It could be a graduation card, a birthday card or all occasion card.  Love the versatility!

My card is linking up to the following:
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This is so bright and cheery! That background ties everything together nicely. Thanks for playing along with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Air balloons, these are brilliant, a gorgeous card....
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !! The colors are so beautiful. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is such a happy and fun card, I adore everything about it! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, this is a gorgeous card! I love your interpretation of the sketch! Pretty colours too! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you coloured the hot air balloons, and the paper choice is awesome. A very "happy" card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete