Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hello Baby

I'm going to a baby non-shower this weekend and I am so glad that I got the new Lawn Fawn stamps in time to make a card for the mom-to-be.

What is a baby non-shower?  The mom-to-be just wants a simple gathering among us girls where we chit chat over yummy food.  She insists that no decorations, no gifts, just hanging out.  She even says that this simple gathering will be the best present for her because after the baby is born she may not get to do this often.

To match with her plain and simple non-shower theme, I've made a clean and simple card:


As the mom-to-be does not know the gender of the child, I have to use gender-neutral colors and the sentiment "HELLO baby!".

I've used gamsol for the very first time and I like it.  I don't have any copic markers and am really intimidated by them, but I heard that gamsol could blend colors from color pencils well and since it is a lot cheaper I'm willing to give it a try.  The result?  Not bad.  It is easy to use and for a novice like me I am happy with the two bunnies above.

One thing I like about this card is that I've used the stitched scallop die to cut a belly band from the Sky cardstock.  It was so easy to line up the scallops and I can see myself doing this more often!  I could make big fat bands or skinny bands.  How nice!  Love to expand the use of my supplies!

I'm entering my card to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Hanna and Friends - dies
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. An adorable card, a lovely design and colour scheme.......such a cute image and great elements!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..Joyce, this is a super cute baby card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is darling, Joyce! I love those new Lawn Fawn stamps and how you used them. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ein Traum, wunderschön. Danke Deine Teilnahme bei Hanna and Friends.

    LG Nadine

    ReplyDelete