Wednesday, March 19, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - March

I finally got the time to play along with the 12 Tags of 2014 - March.  The stamping technique was not the part that got me excited, but I finally played with the Distress Marker Spritzer!

For those of you that have the Airbrush system or spray gun for Copic markers may not understand that how big a deal it is for me.  I am a marker newbie so I am just taking baby steps to learn more about coloring.  Hopefully one day I will be a coloring pro!

Onto the March tags.  I learned this technique at Creative Chemistry 102 and because I am a stamper, I like the simplicity of the technique (no extra tools needed!) and the cool results that it brings.  It is similar to generation stamping, but the smudging effects brought by distress inks are so special that cannot be achieved otherwise.


When they are side by side, it is easier to see that the first generation stamping on the left has strong intensity while the second generation stamping on the right has the same hues but more hazy.  That totally makes it more vintage-looking!

I have yet decided how I want to embellish them so I'm leaving them like this now.  The other thing is, of course, I have to look for my Christmas embellishments.  LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment