Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Christmas Tree

I'm happy to share another Christmas card with you today.  My eye is starting to feel itchy so let me type at light speed to share the details.

First, the sketch of the card is based on 52CCT:


I like that the card sketch is rather simple and provides a lot of possibilities.  As I didn't have a lot of time for this card, I keep my card on the simple side:


I randomly picked up my 6x6 paper pack and cut two patterned papers to squares.  Then I thought I could put the green striped squares differently to give it some interest.  Do you see the stars in the white circle?  I meant to add the starry background because a plain white background is too boring.  I added some glossy accent to the star on the top of the tree, but not sure if the picture captures that.  I love love love the embossed sentiment.  The font of the sentiment is very elegant and the lines are thin, and somehow that makes the embossed sentiment feel like that on a store-bought card. 

My card is entering the following challenges:
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything Goes
My Besties - Dies
Eureka Stamps - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Use different die cuts
Holly Jolly Christmas challenge - stars & stripes

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely traditional colours, nice graphic paper patterns - a super Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that tree image and I adore that fabulous sentiment, too! A super card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that embossed sentiment too!! Great mix of patterns and wonderful take on my sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great christmas card you have made!

    Thanx for joining us at My Besties Norge
    We wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back next time!

    Hugs
    Eva Gro
    DT member at My Besties Norge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Bestie Norway.

    Hugs Liv

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Joyce, fresh but so elegant too! Love the glossy star - a fab accent detail - your mix of patterns and that beautiful embossed sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the festive green and red color scheme you chose. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce!
    Your art is just fabulous and super creative. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Eureka Stamps. I hope you will play along with us again soon. If you'd like another awesome challenge to enter each week, please check out Word Art Wednesday (always Anything Goes) www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on our sketch challenge. Love your spots and stripes papers. Thank you for playing along at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch! It's never to early to start Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the sketch, as well as our Stars and Stripes Challenge. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Christmas card. Great card and stripes card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it...A LOT! Great idea to place the green stripes going different directions, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch Joyce and a perfect card for our challenge at Holly Jolly this week. Totally agree sometimes a white background just doesn't seem right, so I love the stars. A wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us this week and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete