Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall card again

Yup.  Two Fall-themed cards in a row.  I certainly like yesterday's card but I like today's card just as much.

Let's first take a look at the sketch.  It is one from Sketchbook Saturday Challenge:


And you really need to check out Iwona's card here.  Her card is awesome.  I really appreciate her use of colors, something I am always struggling with.  I would have never thought of using a bright blue for a solid bird image, nor would I tried a light, sky blue for a feather.  These unconventional colors bring lots of fun to her card and I like it A LOT.  The next thing on my wish list is the feather die.  Shhhh~~  don't tell my dies in my drawers......

Onto my fall card.  This year for whatever reason I have been having a lot of fun making them.  My favorite is usually Christmas cards but Fall-themed cards are gaining popularity.  I am making more and more of them. 


The patterned paper, Dreamin', came from the 2011 Close to My Heart catalog.  Don't ask me why I have never let the paper pack see any light.  But if you do ask me, I will briefly tell you that I have this disease of holding onto pretty paper for a long time before I can break the package open to use it.  The cause of the disease is the fear that the pretty paper will be ruined by an unsuccessful attempt to make a card, a layout, or any project.  My disease was diagnosed back in the stone age, but unfortunately there is no cure for the disease, at least no medication works for me thus far. 

I am glad that I've finally overcome the fear and used the paper on this card.  In fact, I'm starting a layout with this paper pack.  The layout was a happy day I spent with my cousin when she visited me in Fall 2011, the birth date of this paper pack.  What a coincidence!

My flowers were stamped using rock and roll technique.  The outer edges have darker colors than then center of the flowers.  This is my favorite stamping technique!  Just a quick and easy way to add color and depth to any image.  I've also used masking technique on the sentiment.  The sentiment reads "Give Thanks for all you have" but I masked off everything but "Thanks".  Masking is also one of my favorite stamping techniques and it could give an image a totally different look.

My card is also entering the following challenges:
Clear it out challenge - Thank you card, and the Dreamin' paper pack that I have been holding onto
Tuesday Throwdown challenge - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - Favorite stamping technique
Just Inspirational Challenge - Flowers
The Perfect Sentiment - Thank you
Pollycraft challenges - Harvest Colors
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card and great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at JIC!
    Cindye(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good word, Joyce! I'm blushing :) Fantastic card, love the techniques you used! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely creation! thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Crafting by Designs! Gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the floral images and the lovely color combination. Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch. Those colors are wonderful as well.

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week.

    Life is good with kReN@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com
    TTDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely card and a ♥FAB♥ example of the cool "rock & roll" technique! thanks for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I instantly recognized your paper and stamps. I've been fighting the same "disease" for many years! I finally decided to order 2 packages of each of our CTMH paper packs. I use one for workshops/layouts and the other can make cards or other items. That way I don't feel like I "wasted" some of the paper. I'm also taking the scraps out of the paper packs and filing them by color so I can mix them with other papers. The best "cure" I've found is worrying about not wanting to leave a horde of paper unused in the house when I die! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card... love the colors and great use of the sketch......HUGS..SK :) - The Perfect Sentiment DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! The soft fall colors look lovely together with the flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete