Monday, September 30, 2013

Emboss Resist

Can you believe that it is the end of September already?  I always wonder how fast time flies by.  I am sharing a card today using September Stamp of the Month.  This set comes with two big stamps - one with a fall theme and one with a winter theme.  I have used the fall-themed one many times but have yet let the winter-themed one see ink.

I've decided to let it see some embossing ink!


I'm afraid the picture was not taken by a professional photographer nor with a professional camera so it is not capturing all the details.  I hope you'll see that the middle panel is embossed with clear powder (but it may appear to be embossed with white powder because the card base is white), then I've used some red and green ink to buff over the entire surface.  I added a hint of brown to delineate the border for a final touch. 

It has been a long while since I last did emboss resist and I almost forgot how fun it is!  At first I wanted to do trapped emboss resist (with a background stamped before embossing) but the embossed image does not have enough solid background so the result was so busy that I felt dizzy just looking at it.  I tried a couple of times with different colors but none led to a nice result so I gave up that idea and settled on emboss resist. 

My card is based on the sketch provided by Sketch Saturday:


and is using the technique requested by 52{CCT}:


and is entering the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - Embossing
CHNC Challenge - use three main colors
Totally Gorjuss - traditional Christmas colors
Christmas card challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 144 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO fun!!! LOVE the negative of the sentiment being different colors and I LOVE the great layout! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card the resist has really made the sentiment stand out.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and technique Joyce. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Love that huge sentiment and the different colours underneath it. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Sketch Saturday.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blending of the red and green on your resist panel looks fantastic! Super job! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT! I hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sentiment stamp, so festive, the emboss resist technique was perfect for it! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific effect you got with this stamp. Nice Job!! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sentiment and I like the way you've shaded the colours - a charming Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Christmas card and love all that text. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week, hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card!! love the graduated color effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this card!! love the graduated color effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like your sentiment card. The blended colours and the image really take centre stage. It is a fun technique, isn't it! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love the colors and the technique! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, that's a great idea! I wish to create DIY Christmas wishes this year and you just gave me an inspiration. Thanks for it. cute card!

    ReplyDelete