Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Christmas card

I have made a couple of fall cards and thought I should get back to my Christmas preparation.  I was browsing for some sketch and color combo for my inspiration and I found the sketch at Sunday Stamps Challenge:


and I found this color combo from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:


I was pretty much set on having Kraft cardstock as the card base, then I thought I would use white cardstock for the middle panel and red scalloped edge.  What I added was some texture by embossing folder.  I love dry embossing as it is indeed a quick and easy way to give a lot of interest to any card:


With a die cut ornament with a white embossed image, some baker's twine and a stamped sentiment, this card came together quickly.

My card is entering the following challenges:
A creative Romance - Dies or Punches
CHNC - something that has been cut
Paper Creators Craft - Make it Christmassy
Crimbo Crackers - Quick and Easy

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo, love this color/sketch combo! Fabulous elements and I adore the wood grain! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card just love the embossing really sets the bauble and greeting off.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the challenge colors! Even though your card is very clean and simple in design, it's very festive and cheery, too. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Christmas card Joyce! Easy to duplicate to make more! Great color combo too. Thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely elegant and classy card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 142 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous holiday card!!! A CASEr for sure :) Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I do like the embossed woodgrain and that fab bold ornament. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, what's the embossing folder for the wood grain? love this one... was thinking about if I should get a wood grain background stamp or embossing folder?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christmas card Joyce, fab texture from the woodgrain and the baker's twine on the bauble is a sweet touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab Christmas card, love everything about it - especially the woodgrain embossing. Great use of our colour combination of kraft, red and white. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty! The red is striking against the white and kraft colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific job you did with this color combo! Love the wood grain base and the lovely decorated ornament. thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your adaptation of the Sunday Stamps sketch--it really is very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight-hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete