Saturday, September 28, 2013

An addiction

The idea of window card continues to stick to my head so I can't resist to make another one to share.  The card is based on the sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:



I hate that I lack the skills to picture a window card:



It was very difficult to take a picture of it so I temporarily stuck the card shut.  Then when the adhesive is removed:


I like that window cards make it stand apart from store bought cards, and I like sentiments like this that ties the inside of the card to the outside.  I used to like inserting poems in the card, but I hate that it was a lot of writing involved (you can tell how good my calligraphy is, but I insisted hand-writing because printing it defeats the purpose of a handmade card) and the poems are not necessarily truly to the point.  After all, I think it is the stamping, cutting that I love the most and I could use more time stamping than looking for the perfect poem.

My card is entering the following challenges:
Hiding in My Craft Room - Woman's Birthday
Sweet Stampin' - Things with Wings
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous design, love the simplicity. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Sweet Stampin, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you take on my sketch. Great colours for the butterflies. It turned out lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC, I always look forward to seeing what you will create each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love love this card. You did an awesome job. I would like to have seen the recipe here for doing the window card. maybe you can share with us sometime. Thanks for joining in on the sketch challenge this week at AHSC !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Joyce! Your butterflies are gorgeous and the design and sentiment are lovely, too. I think you did a fine job of photographing the card--it is difficult to do with a cut-away on the front. Thanks for linking up with Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce, this is beautiful. Love the aperture and how you stamped the different butterflies. Your handwritten sentiment looks amazing. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Love what you did with it. Those butterflies really make it pop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love butterflies and love the window. Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card! It is so feminine! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, I will be pinning this as a favourite. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon :)
    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so beautiful. I love the butterflies and the coloring you did on them.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this card It is beautiful, yet simply so it pops. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Beautiful colouring. Thanks for playing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely design! Clean, simple and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats at making top three over at AHSC !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh - I really like this. Fabulous window card. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your window card and the beautiful butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR. Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely amazing,,,,,,,love the idea to use butterflies to create a window card,,,,,thanksss for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete