Sunday, August 25, 2013

A wedding card

I meant to play the sketch at Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge since I first saw it but the distractions are endless!  First the recovery from a cold has been really slow then my right eye got an infection and it was so red and swollen and heavy that I could barely open my eye.  That's when I started to play with the Cricut Craft Room, which got me addicted to it.

As I was contemplating what to do with the tag in the sketch, I also used the Cricut Craft Room to customize the size to fit the new couple.   Before I go further, let's look at the sketch:


I have been thinking what to do with the square in the middle but I've eventually replaced it with the silhouette of a couple:


The couple was cut at 4".  So when I cut the tag I used the Craft Room to get to the size just right.  At first I thought I should cut the bride a little shorter, but I think now they look just perfect. 

My card is entering the following challenges:
1.  Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Rectangle Cards
2.  Crafty Calender Challenge - Anything Goes
3.  Just Inspiration Challenges - the picture inspires me to make a wedding card!
4.  Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
5.  Card Makin' Mamas - Black, White plus one color.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I have the gazelle and have had it for a few years but don't use it that much any more--this makes me want to remember how, lol. Beautifully done. Glad you are feeling better too. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete