Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LOL?

Quilling is the theme of this week's Black Tie Friday's challenge.


At first I thought of quilting, but when I saw the design team's artwork I knew I was wrong.  Quilling, wait, quilling?  Oh, the technique that I have never tried, nor have I ever been shown how to do.  Why not give it a try?

First, be prepared to laugh out loud at these:


What are those in the picture?  They are NOT quilling, for sure.  Paper in cylindrical shape?  More so.

I knew I had gone to the wrong direction so I switched gears to make this.  Again, be prepared to laugh out loud:


Thanks for your patience.  Yes, I do have the courage to post something to give you a chance to LOL.  As I've said before, this is my craft diary/journal, so I am happy to record this in my journal.  It is an important entry as it has recorded the fact that I've learned from my epic failure of cylindrical paper to some flower-like shape on a card.    How is it different from taking pictures of our kids' first time in their Halloween costume and put them on our scrapbook page? (definitely different!  Our kids are cute but my flower is scary. LOL.) 

Enough LOL.  Thanks for your patience again and I am happy to participate in this challenge because it is a real challenge and it has given me an opportunity to learn something new, and of course, an opportunity to go to local craft store to get some professional tools to help me improve my skills on quilling.  Doesn't it make you excited when you find an area to want to learn more?

Until then, Happy Crafting!

Edited to add: I'm trying to link to BTF #20 but I'm unable to do so.  I've contacted the challenge owner and hopefully it will be resolved.

3 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent job for a first time quiller. I am thankful that you gave it a try and thank you so much for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shauna! Thanks for giving this technique a try! It's super fun and easy. I love your flower, and the colors used!! Thanks for Joining us at Black Tie Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Lol Epic Shop

    ReplyDelete