Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birthday Greetings

For the card today I'm combining two challenges:

Color My Heart Color Dare - Outdoor Denim, Lagoon and Pear and CAS-ual Friday - wallpaper:



When I saw the Color Dare challenge, I really wish I had the Later Sk8r paper. Had I received my Workshop on the Go, I'd use the diamond plate stamp to play with these colors.  Background stamps can do quite a lot of fun things!  Oh well, when I get it I'll play with it.

So I've decided to make my background using an old stamp from a Stamp of the Month and that background has become my wallpaper card:


It may not be my favorite wallpaper, but I sure like this color combo.  I never knew that they blend so well and make a great masculine card!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I love this card! You did a great job of lining up the argyle stamp and the colors look fabulous together. I love your background paper layers too! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week--we hope you join us again soon!

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You sure did a wonderful job lining up those rows of stamps! They are so straight!!! I love the colors in rows like this...it really looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Color My Heart's Color Dare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super card. I love the colors and the stamped pattern. Also, I wanted to say 'hi' to a fellow 'Joyce' There are only a couple of us 'Joyce's in crafty blog land--we need to stick together, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the birthday greetings and argyle pattern. Thanks for joining us this week at Color my Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you didn't have the paper because maybe we never would've seen this awesome card!! Your stamping skills are impressive - so straight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful background stamping! thanks so much for joining us as cas-ual fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this graphic design. Fabulous job of lining up your stamp for the all-over argyle effect, which looks great in the challenge colors. Thanks for joining Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete