Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Big Challenge

Black Tie Friday's challenge is another challenge that got me thinking.  It asks that we use black and brown and have a 3-Dimensional inside:


It is difficult, isn't it?

I have decided to give it a try - I really want to try challenges of various kinds to enhance my creativity!

Even though my thought process started with a musculine card, I eventually created a very feminine card:


This card did not involve any patterned paper.  I've used black cardstock as its card base, then Desert Sand cardstock as a mat for the stamped pattern on Colonial White.   It is not too difficult to create your own background paper!


I added Black hemp tied with a banner that says "love" and a flower stamped in Cotton Candy but outlined in Chocolate.   The flower is not colored in full.  I first stamped the solid background on the flower, then turn it before stamping it again.  So it actually has two shades of pink on the flower, together with the "white space" purposefully made for the stamp.  It gives the flower more depth and looks more real!



The 3-D interior was cut with Cricut Artiste cartridge in pink, corresponding with the pink flower on the card front.

I like this card a lot.  I think I will have a hard time parting with it when I send it out. 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is a really cute card. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for taking tge challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, it's simple and I love that about you! I love how it's masculine and feminine all at the same time. Nicely done, and thanks for playing with us at Black Tie Friday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing with Black Tie Fridays, this card is lovely, I really enjoy seeing you use plain card stock, allowing your imagination to come through

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of color and design! Thanks for playing at Black Tie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete