Wednesday, August 22, 2012

For You

I saw this challenge called Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge which was administered by fellow Close to My Heart consultants and focusing on the Close to My Heart palette.  This week it is challenging us to use Hollyhock, Blush and Olive.

I just happened to have a scrap piece of hollyhock and thought why don't I try using the color on a sketch?

I'm using the sketch presented by Retro Sketches:


My card follows the sketch pretty strictly:


I used some scraps and the stamp set from Lucy Workshop on the Go, and finished the card with the Hollyhock ribbon that has been sitting alone sadly in my stash.  I like that Hollyhock is a shade darker than Blush so I could use it to outline the flowers that are stamped in Blush.  How nice!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce, Thanks for joining us at Color my Heart! I love your retrosketch card! The colors are great with that Lucy B&T and your flowers are gorgeous! Great job.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete