Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's your Birthday!

I wanted to give the title of the post "A little birdie told me" but it already has appeared twice and this time the card front does not say that, so even though the birdie is here, I'm going to say "It's your Birthday!"

I have adopted this sketch from Mojo Monday:

The birdie is, of course, the focus of the card:


If I were to make this card again, I would probably use white embossing powder at the bottom right corner, rather than the White Daisy pigment ink.  I am afraid I am still not very comfortable with pigment ink and can't really tell when it has dried completely.  However, had I used embossing powder, not only will it give more dimension to the sentiment, it will dry off much sooner.  Let me try it out and show you how it looks later.

Materials used:
1.  Cocoa cardstock
2.  Lucy paper packet
3.  Color ready seam-binding ribbon
4.  Life is Tweet stamp set
5.  Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
6.  White Daisy Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
7.  Buttons - Basic Assortment

No comments:

Post a Comment