Thursday, June 28, 2012

Congratulations!

I was attracted by the beautiful card showcased on the Makeover Monday Challenge and thought I should give it a try.

It is a "work from your stash" challenge and we want to use the inspiration piece as out guideline to create something on our own. 

I was drawn by the strips of paper and so I've made my card like this:


The stamped image is embossed with clear embossing powder, but it looks like the raised surface is in black.  To achieve this effect, I've stamped the image in black, then clean the stamp and stamp it with Versamark ink on top of the image.  Before the Versamark ink is dry, apply clear embossing powder generously and heat set it.

I wasn't confident that I could do it, because this stamp involves quite a lot of details and a tiny bit of deviation would mess it up.  But thanks to Close to My Heart's clear stamps, it is not difficult to overlap the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment