Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday with Sonoma

I have learned that when I am out of ideas and nothing seems to give me inspiration, go through the stash.
I do not enjoy the frustration that I am sitting alone waiting to be inspired, but I do like going through my stash.  On one hand it always reminds me of the great products that have been waiting to be put to use (it serves a budget control purpose!), on the other hand it does really give me inspirations.  In particular, when I am organizing my craft supplies, the process of sorting things through and putting them in order gives me a different perspective of how to put them to use.  Sometimes I will think of a new stamp set to go with a retired paper packet, sometimes I will want to mix and match different papers, and sometimes I will like to try a bold color combination.  This process could be an adventure!
I had undergone this process and made a simple card after that:


I like this card.  I like that I am using up the scrap pieces and came up with the sketch myself.  Now I can put the measurements in my binder and look forward to using the sketch again!

Materials sued:
1.  Sonoma paper packet
2.  4 My Friend stamp set
3.  The Best Things stamp set
4.  Smokey Plum Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
5.  Olive Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment