Friday, April 13, 2012

Enjoy Life

We all have our ways to enjoy our lives.  One of the ways is, of course, crafting!

Kick Back, a stamp set from Close to My Heart, always reminds me of a vacation in Hawaii.  The sun, Hibiscus, waves......my mind has already gone to Hawaii.

I can't tell when my next vacation will be, but for now, participating in a challenge using the stamp set helps me relax!  The sketch from Card Patterns looks like this:


I used the Footloose paper packet and the Kick Back stamp set to create this card:


How I wish I could go in the pictue and sit under the sun and observe the waves!

Can you tell how many colors have I used on the sun?  The answer is three. 

The picture may not have picked it up well, but it involves two techniques to stamp the sun.  Because I wanted to give the sun a solid color, I first flipped over the stamp and use that as a stamp to create a yellow background.  Yes, I was using the side that generally sticks to the acrylic block as a stamp.  Then I flipped it back to normal and stamped the sun in Creme Brulee stamp pad, before it dried up I used the rock-and-roll technique to add some Goldrush to the edges of the sun.  I usually use the rock-and-roll technique on flowers or solid images, but my experiment today proves that it works on other images too.  Why don't you try it out?

Materials used:
1.  Footloose paper packet
2.  Kick Back stamp set
3.  Cocoa Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
4.  Sunny Yellow Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
5.  New England Ivy Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
6.  Lagoon Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
7.  Creme Brulee Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
8.  Goldrush Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete